Here are seven things I learned in May. Are you ready? Here we go!
* * *1. Bee or Wasp?
|image via Pinterest|
Well, I'm not sure if it's just me lost in translation (in Japanese, we call both honey bees and wasps, "bees"), but I didn't quite know the differences between them. I do now.
2. My boys sound exactly like me, when they are either being compassionate or demanding.
I wonder if those are the qualities that stand out in me? Am I a compassionate yet demanding mom?
3. The love for decorating runs in the family. Just like their mom, my boys love adding their own decorating touches to our home.
Here are some of the changes they've recently made around the house.
|This little guy hanging from the ceiling.|
|Well, you got the idea.|
|I was terrified to find this huge monkey laying on the floor first thing this morning.|
4. When you have an idea and you're excited about it, you just have to give it a try no matter how crazy it seems. This is exactly what I did when I came up with the idea of making my own youtube video. I was skeptical at first, but I'm glad I followed my heart. I ended up having a lot of fun doing it.
5. Cooking french toast wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I love cooking. But somehow, I've never tried french toast until last week. I thought it was kind of a fancy breakfast and I always opted for pancakes. As it turned out, making french toast is super easy! It's also a good way to use up day old bread.
I followed this recipe, and topped it with confectioner's sugar, fresh blueberries, and maple syrup.
Now what can be better than this?
6. Starting a day with Bialetti's espresso is simply the best. My sister- and brother-in-law gave me this Bialetti for my birthday. I've wanted this since February, so I was overjoyed when I found out they got one for me. Thanks Elizabeth and Johan!!
|My glorious Bialetti|
Now combine this with homemade french toast = I'm in heaven.
7. Walking down memory lane is a great way to uncover the shape of your soul. Looking back on my childhood has helped me understand who I truly am and what matters to me (you can read here and here).
* * *Today, B'more Bungalow is joining me to share what she's learned this month. Would you visit her site and say hello?
*What I Learned This Month by B'more Bungalow
I am also linking up with Emily at chatting at the sky for her What We Learned series.
* * *What did you learn this month? Share in the comment?