June 17, 2014

New Art | Captivating no. 1

I've been posting less this month. 

As the school year quickly winds down and with my husband's real estate business rapidly growing, there have been some changes in our routine.

I simply have less time to work on my projects.

But I managed to take some time for art today. Art always makes me feel centered. After several hours of immersing myself in creativity, I now feel refreshed. 

I'm thrilled how it turned out and couldn't wait to share it with you.


I started with a pencil drawing, and followed with a wash.


Then I took out my medium, dark, and white charcoal pencils and added some more shading and details.

Captivating no. 1: Ink pen, watercolor, charcoal on paper.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Yuko! Glad you managed to squeeze in time in your busy life. It can be hard to do can't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been a bit challenging. But it's rewarding when I actually take the time to do something creative just for fun.

      Delete
  2. sheer talent ... pure and simple. good to see you again!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is fantastic! i made a few cards Sunday morning; i know what you mean about creating art and its centering effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! I find creating anything - from drawing, painting, baking dessert, or sitting at my piano for half an hour - very rewarding. It nourishes my soul. I'd love to see your handmade cards some time :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely job! I love creating art for our walls either by myself or with friends! It makes it all the more special!
    E+J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eddie! That's exactly why I started making art again, to decorate my walls. It's a great idea to create art with friends. I must try that :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! It's amazing. Very beautiful art. Nice work.
    Things to do in Seattle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...