December 31, 2013

DWR Champagne Chair Contest is ON!

Are you celebrating New Year's Eve with some champagne tonight? Well, then I have a great news for you. This year's Design Within Reach Champagne Chair Contest is on, and I am thrilled!

What's the DWR Champagne Chair Contest, you might ask? It's simple. You use the foil, label, cage and cork from no more than two champagne bottles and turn them into a miniature chair.  The winner of the contest will receive a $1,000 DWR gift card. I really like the idea of crafting a chair using just a few simple materials.  

image via dwr.com

Here is my entry from last year. 


Well, I know. My chair was cute but not so original. It's like an Eames' molded plastic chair and the lounge chair got married and had a futuristic baby (the base). I remember I decided to enter the contest in the last minute, and this was the best I could come up with after two bottles of champagne (drinking involved) and a sleepless night.  

I know I need to be more innovative this year and invest more time and champagne into it in order to create a one of a kind chair that appeals to the judges. I want to win the $1,000 DWR gift card, people!

Here are some of the delicious chairs DWR offers.... 

Easy Chair.  Love this, but this is out of my price range even with the Gift Card.  image via dwr.com
Tolix Chair.   image via dwr.com
Classic, Wishbone Chair in Oak.  image via dwr.com

The last day of entry is January 14th, so we still got some time.  

I'll be sharing my champagne chair here on the blog when I'm ready. If you are entering the contest, wishing you the best of luck!  

Cheers and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...