What can I say, it's been A LOT of work, and I'm honestly sleep deprived and on caffeine overload, but I'm so happy that we've made it! Yay!
|This background appears light blue here, but it's actually white when printed. FYI|
My friends and family have given me tremendous amount of support and encouragement throughout the process, and I can't be grateful enough. My husband, Steve, has worked side by side with me the entire time and I couldn't have done it without him. My mother-in-law, Linda, has generously offered to watch my little one while we tried to prepare for the opening. If you're reading this Mom - thank you!
* * *I've also learned a lot of things while trying to start a new business. Let me share the round up of what I've learned over the past month, since I missed my usual "what I learned" post :)
1. I'm so blessed to have such amazing friends and family, who encourage me to pursue my dreams.
2. Taking action is where the real magic happens. You can plan and dream all you want, but taking action is what ties your dream into reality.
3. When you start something new, you really don't have to know much about it. You'll learn what you need to know along the way.
4. The more you do, less scary it becomes.
5. Every time I start something new, I make new friends. I made a few really good friends from the barn event a year ago, and I've met some amazing people through blogging. Now I started to connect with some entrepreneurs in the creative field through Instagram, and they inspire me. I'm so looking forward to meeting more amazing people through running our Etsy shop!
* * *Today, we're celebrating our grand opening with a giveaway.
One lucky winner will receive $100 gift card to the Studio Yuko Jones Etsy shop. You can use this gift card towards anything in the shop, from art prints to originals.
How to enter the Giveaway:
Go to etsy.com/shop/studioyukojones and find a print or an original artwork that you'd love to have in your home, and let us know which one you like in the comment section below. (If you use Anonymous, please leave a comment with your email address so that I can contact you if you win).
This Giveaway will end 11:59pm EST Friday, December 12. The winner will be randomly chosen and announced Saturday, December 13.
We also offer 15% off of your entire purchase at the shop until Christmas. All you need to do is use the coupon code GRANDOPENING when you check out. This offer ends at 11:59pm EST on Friday, December 26.
We have all the prints up for sale right now, and I will be adding some of my original artwork to the shop over the weekend. So please check back often!
I'm so thrilled our shop is finally up and running! I'm hoping everything will go smoothly without any hiccups. If you come across any problem shopping with us, please let us know. We will do our best to resolve the issue immediately.
Hope you like what we offer at our shop!
Have a wonderful weekend, friends.
*Today I'm sharing with Emily at chatting at the sky.