November 16, 2014

Goodbye Fear

If you've been here for a while, you know I've dealt with my fair share of fear over the past year

The fear of becoming who I deeply am. 

The fear of expressing my true self and sharing it with the world of online.

Uncovering the true shape of my soul has been spiritually satisfying and scary at the same time. Does this make any sense at all?

I've wanted this blog to be the catalyst for my creative journey, and I've shared various creative pursuits and personal stories here. 

Why do I share them, you may ask?

Because you never know what possibilities might open up when you give and share. 

I believe that everyone has a story to tell and we're meant share our story. As ordinary as it may seem, there might be someone out there who needs our story. 

This has been the place for me to share my story. I'm so grateful you've taken the time to visit here. Thank you.

After almost a year of creating, writing, sharing, and finally realizing what makes me come alive, I've reached another milestone recently and I'm excited about it: 

My constant creative companion, fear, has finally let go of my hand. 


My fear and I've had a life-long companionship.

As long as I could remember, I was always creating something, whether it was drawing, painting, or carving wood. It didn't matter what it was as long as I was using my imagination. I would come home from school, eat a quick snack, and spend the rest of the afternoon turning my vision into reality.

But there was something that frustrated me even as a child. Something I knew was holding me back creatively. I felt as if I couldn't come out of this invisible shell - the shell that forced me to draw a small picture on a big piece of paper, all neatly contained. I hated it. I wanted to break free from it and go wild, but I couldn't.


I'm finally breaking free from the shell of fear.

Face the fear and do it anyway. This has been my mantra over the past year. Dreaming and planning how to turn my dream into reality has been fun and absolutely necessary. But I've learned that taking action is where the true magic happens. (And taking this course has pushed me to take the actions I was afraid to take otherwise.)

I am finally free and it feels great.

Now, I'm ready to create.


8 comments:

  1. We all struggle with hang ups. Be they valid or totally foolish. I applaud you for letting them go! My mantra this year has been "let go or be dragged". I am a major grudge holder, so letting go is hard for me! Haha but we need to let things go to move forward. Can't wait to see where you go from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letting go isn't always easy, but you're right. We can't move forward until we release what's holding us back. I think having a mantra is a great way to stay focused :) x

      Delete
  2. Wow. Yuko ... we were tracking in the same direction this evening. I just love when that happens ...

    Farewell, fear. You've been a lousy companion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must think alike, Linda! It's great to finally letting go of our fear, knowing that we have acknowledged it and processed it. It is very empowering :)

      Delete
  3. Happy to see you are confronting your fears. I think that's the best way to banish them. Once you let go of fear there is no stopping you. You are free to take bold steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, slowly yet surely, I'm getting there! Thank you for the encouragement! xx

      Delete
  4. Good for you, Yuko! I just listened to this really good podcast all about creativity. In it, the author Elizabeth Gilbert calls fear the conjoined twin of creativity! What she says about fear and the creative process is just brilliant. https://player.fm/series/npr-ted-radio-hour-podcast/the-source-of-creativity
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bex! I've never felt this much fear until I've started to unleash my creativity. It's like sharing your secrets with other people! I will have to check out her podcast. Thank you so much for sharing! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...