August 17, 2014

New Art + Our TV Gallery Wall Completed {for now}

A little over six months ago, I started putting together a TV gallery wall in our family room. I finally completed the wall this past week and I'm so excited to share it with you today.


I wonder what took me so long to complete this project. We had our next door neighbor over for dinner the other night, and that was all I needed to complete this wall and even finish up an unfinished painting project.  

I get more projects around the house done in one day before someone comes over than I do in a month. It's a sad, but undeniable truth. I guess I do my best work under pressure.

Here is some of my new artwork I framed for the gallery wall.

 * * *
Pineapple:
  
Pineapple: Pen and watercolor on paper

I'm thrilled how this piece turned out. I stopped half way done and then realized, it was already completed. It's interesting what your artwork would tell you when you try to communicate with it. 

I decided to frame it on its side, and I really like it this way.


Watercolor Lettering:

Hello Sunshine no. 1: Watercolor on paper
Hello Sunshine no. 2: Watercolor on paper


Blueberries:
 
Blueberries: Watercolor on paper

I was blending colors on paper and my son said those circles looked like blueberries. So I turned them into blueberries. How simple is that? The actual artwork is actually much brighter than the photo above, but I couldn't adjust it without changing the value and intensity of the colors.

Tokyo Tower:
  
Tokyo Tower: Pen and watercolor on paper

I did a simple Tokyo Tower drawing just because I was feeling sentimental. It's float mounted on a DIY sharpie striped mat.

* * *
 Our TV gallery wall is a collection art and objects that are meaningful to us. 

1. Hello Sunshine no. 2 {New Art}
2. My oldest son's artwork from when he was in preschool  
3. Blueberries {New Art}
4. Pineapple {New Art}
5. Gazelle Horns from High Street Market
6. The Sweetest Fig  
7. Artwork by a watercolorist and friend, Kristin Malone, given as a wedding gift.  
8. Tokyo Tower {New Art} framed in the DIY Campaign Style Frame 
9. Jesus  
10. Our Hawaii Wedding Picture
Every time I look at this wall, it puts smile on my face. The best part about a gallery wall is you can continue to let it evolve - by replacing some of the art or simply adding more to it. 
I'm looking forward to seeing how this wall is going to evolve over time. 

Do you have a gallery wall in your home? 


12 comments:

  1. I love it. The watercolors are gorgeous! The wall just looks perfect. I do have one in my bedroom. All 8x10 silverplate frames and it's mostly photographs. Funny how I'm drawn to different photos on different days. Most are family photos, some are random, and one is a note. Although the note should probably be burned now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love photo gallery wall! I was just talking with my Stephen that we should add some old family photos to our wall. Oh don't burn the note - that must be something precious! Is that a love letter? ;)

      Delete
  2. COOL blueberries! And you've got plenty of beauties to gaze at when the screen offerings get boring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch much tv, but now it's my favorite wall in our home!

      Delete
  3. The wall looks great! Your son has clearly inherited your artistic talent :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! He sure enjoys drawing and painting with me :)

      Delete
  4. It looks terrific! Interesting and balanced at the same time, love it. Amazing what having people over for dinner can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele! I should have more people over so I can get more projects done :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Yuko! What an interesting idea to turn the pineapple on it's side! It really creates some interest. I'm sure you know that the pineapple is the symbol of hospitality, so your getting all this ready for guests really underlines your desire to get your house ready.
    Love those blueberries too! So delicate...the watercolors look so dreamy :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't think about the symbol when I was drawing, but you're right! I've been obsessed with pineapples lately - perhaps that's implying my unconscious desire of being more hospitable :)

      Delete
  6. The figs are my favorite. Very clever around the TV. Watching TV at our house would make me hungry, with all the subliminal messages the fruit would be sending. Heehee.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what my husband told me - the fruit wall! I was probably hungry when I did all these artwork. Thanks for stopping by Lisa! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...